2016 Tour Dates for Prospective Families
Tuesday, October 18th
Tuesday, November 1st
Wednesday, November 9th
All tours are conducted from 8:30am to 10:00am
No registration is required for tour attendance.
How to Apply
- Apply through the LAUSD Choices Website. The deadline for applying is mid-November for the following school year.
- No walk-ins can be accepted as long as students are on the waiting list.
- Typically Melrose has 100-400 students on our waiting list.
- See the Magnet School FAQ for answers to additional questions.
- Attend a school tour in October or November for the following school year.
- Once accepted, additional school tours are offered in the spring.
Once accepted through the Office of Student Integration, bring the original copies of the following for us to make copies of:
- Your Proof of Residence
- Driver's License, ID Card, Court paper or Affidavit of Parental/Guardian Identification, Caregiver Affidavit
- The new student's Original birth certificate, or passport, baptismal certificate or an affidavit.
- New student's immunization record.
- (K & 1 Only) Proof of dental check-up.
To show Proof of Residence bring one of the following documents:
- Most recent utility service bills (gas, water, electric)
- Property Taxes
- Rental or lease agreement with additional proof of residence*
- Official government mail (Cal Works, Social Security)
- Note: LAUSD does not accept telephone bills or driver's license as proof of residence.
Kindergarten through Fifth Grade Immunization Requirements:
- POLIO: 4 doses, but 3 doses are enough if at least one was given after the fourth birthday
- DTP: 5 doses, but 4 doses meets requirement if at least one was given on or after the fourth birthday
- MMR: 2 does for Kindergarten entry - both doses on or after first birthday
- Hepatitis B: 3 doses
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): (1) History of Chicken Pox disease must be documented (by Doctor) OR one dose required