Melrose Room Parents
Melrose Room Parents act as the primary liaison between the classroom teacher and students' families. Room parents initiate and promote the team effort between school and home that is so important at Melrose.
As a Room Parent, the school will count on you to:
* Work closely with the teacher to find out what the needs will be for the upcoming year and how you can best meet the classroom and teacher's needs
* Facilitate communication via phone/email and the grade level google group
* Help keep the classroom family directory up-to-date
* Recruit and coordinate volunteers for classroom activities, such as chaperones for field trips
* Organize and promote academic and social activities and events for the class as determined by the teacher
* Network and collaborate with other Room Parents and staff to communicate and share ideas
* Gather photographs during field trips and other activities for the teacher and the class/grade website
* Promote school-wide activities on the calendar that are school and PTO related (i.e. Harvest Festival, dances, school-photos, pledge drive, t-shirt sales, Chat/Coffee with the Principal and PTO meetings, etc.)
If you have any questions, or would like to be involved in your child's classroom, speak with your teacher, or contact the room parent coordinators at the email listed below.
2013 - 2014 Room Parents
Room Parent Coordinators: Patti Espinosa and Mika Mingasson firstname.lastname@example.org
Room 1 Andrew Stanely/Wendy Nield
Room 2 Kara Newmark/Katie Weber
Room 5 Ana Davaa
Room 11 Wendi Smith-Harris/Sarita Singh
Room 12 Karen Steyr/Gina Viola Peake
Room 14 Scott Peake/Josh Koch/Novelyn Aquino
Room 16 Ola May
Room 18 Ida Kohlschreiber/Erik Johnson/Jean Roh
Room 22 Sandra Showers/Nicola Howard
Room 24 Angela Scarcella/Lynn Fujii/Denisa Kloz
Room 21 Kimberly Moore
Room 23 Jilly Wendell
Room 27 Liz Dwyer
Room 28 Kim Lansill
Family Directory Information Request Form
Please take a few moments to fill out the Family Directory Information Request Form. The information you provide will be used to for families to communicate information regarding school activities and to organize volunteers for classroom and school-wide initiatives.
The directory will be distributed to the Melrose Elementary School families and be posted on the school google groups. Based on the honor system, parents and guardians will be asked not to distribute your information to other parties without your consent. PLEASE COMPLETE ONLY THE INFORMATION YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE LISTED IN THE DIRECTORY. If you do not wish for your information to be listed, only your child's name will be placed in the directory.