Melrose Room Parents
Melrose Room Parents act as the primary liaison between the classroom teacher and students' families. Room parents initiate and promote the team effort between school and home that is so important at Melrose.
As a Room Parent, the school will count on you to:
* Work closely with the teacher to find out what the needs will be for the upcoming year and how you can best meet the classroom and teacher's needs
* Facilitate communication via phone/email and the grade level google group
* Help keep the classroom family directory up-to-date
* Recruit and coordinate volunteers for classroom activities, such as chaperones for field trips
* Organize and promote academic and social activities and events for the class as determined by the teacher
* Network and collaborate with other Room Parents and staff to communicate and share ideas
* Gather photographs during field trips and other activities for the teacher and the class/grade website
* Promote school-wide activities on the calendar that are school and PTO related (i.e. Harvest Festival, dances, school-photos, pledge drive, t-shirt sales, Chat/Coffee with the Principal and PTO meetings, etc.)
If you have any questions, or would like to be involved in your child's classroom, speak with your teacher, or contact the room parent coordinators at the email listed below.