About Our Program
1:1 Technology Program
Melrose Avenue Elementary was one of the first schools in the district to have a one-to-one technology program. Every student in grades K-2 has access to an iPad and all students in grades 3-5 have a Macbook. As a pioneer in the field, Melrose is regularly visited by teachers and principals inside and outside of the district interested in learning more about how to integrate technology. We were awarded the Apple Distinguished School distinction twice.
Technology is not a subject or a special time of the day, it is a tool used throughout the curriculum to enhance learning. In addition to enhancing learning, technology supports collaboration and creative thinking and allows students to find an authentic audience for their classroom work.
- Google Drive is used schoolwide for research and collaboration.
- Kidblog is a blogging platform that allows students to easily share their thinking and writing and get feedback from peers.
- Smart Notebook is used to help organize lessons and allow students to visualize their mathematical thinking.
- iMovie is used to help students edit multimedia productions.
- Robotics is taught as an elective with Dash and Dot in the primary grades and Lego Mindstorm in the upper grades.
- In addition, Melrose has the following site licenses: IXL for practicing math skills at home, Brainpop for educational movies, and Accelerated Reader
Student Created Video
Higher Level Technology Use